Where do we get our ideas from? There is probably only one answer to this question: From the world and the people around us. The more we interact with other creative people, the quicker and easier our two rabbits will become a dozen.
Masterclasses offer valuable performance opportunities, stimulation, fresh ideas for approaching visual art interpretation and technique and access to a professional community of practice.
Masterclasses offer the opportunity for visual artists and/or photographers to test their values and insights, learn more about a specific genre, come to understand value differences as well as similarities, become empowered to change those things that should be changed and embrace new perspectives, and enhance confidence and motivation.
Masterclasses provide participants with the ability to:
- Identify historical and theoretical parameters of a specific topic within the broad context of contemporary photography / visual arts practice
- Analyse the relevance and implications of such topic to their individual discipline
- Extend established skills through experimentation
- Synthesise new concepts and approaches to specific genres
- Reflect upon and evaluate own learning through performance.
Masterclasses at VSS are developed and led by Hein Waschefort who is not only a well-known and expert photographer and proficient visual artist, but also an ardent art historian. Hein’s box of ideas is bottomless. This, combined with his knowledge, enthusiasm and adventurous spirit, ensures that each Masterclass is unique and productive.
Masterclasses are aimed at experienced photographers. All Masterclasses are conducted at various locations and venues, from the VSS Studio and portraiture to Botshabelo Cultural Village and thematic sets. Always new, always exciting!